Into to...Carnival Cruise Line
|Typical stateroom. (Carnival trademark, editorial use only)|
Carnival is a British-American cruise line owned by Carnival Corporation PLC based in both Miami, Florida and Southampton, England. The corporation owns 9 lines, among them Carnival, Holland, Princess (of "The Love Boat" fame) and Cunard. As part of a corporation that offers different brands, Carnival can retain its party and fun reputation since other more luxurious offerings are on their sister lines.
From the start, Carnival provided cruises that were shorter and less expensive, thus taking cruising from the privileged and making it more accessible to the middle class. Many people still look down on Carnival thinking it's lower class, even if they have never sailed it. Don't knock it until you have tried it.
1. Entertainment: The shows are provided by Playlist Productions, showcasing Broadway quality musical revues. Stand-up comedy comes in two ratings, family and adult. Throughout the ship, musicians perform various genres. Be assured, this is still the party cruise line, with good DJs and the fun contests on the Lido deck. Be nice, don't forget to Groove for St. Jude (the children's hospital). It's one of the the only times you'll be allowed to use cash on the ship.
2. Branded eating experiences: such as Guy’s Burger Joint, the RedFrog Rum Pub, the BlueIguana Cantina, EA Sports Bar and the various clubs are on more ships, not just the higher classes. Two very nice features are the longer sailings are the sea day brunch and and tea time.
3. Pool side movie screens (Drive-In Movies): many of the ships feature popular movies at certain times . Free popcorn may be available at the poolside bar.
4. Families activities: such as Seuss at Sea (character appearances) and the Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast (additional fee) and the Hasbro Game Show where the popular board games come to life with you as the game piece.
|Carnival Freedom (editorial use only)|
5. Carnival Live concerts, are on selected ships. They have had acts such as Journey, Gladys Knight and KC and the Sunshine Band. This activity costs extra.
|Towel art (editorial use only)|
So, there you have it: Carnival looks like it is dedicated to still being a lower-priced cruise line with more amenities.
Click the social media icons to share. Spread the word. Happy Travels.
Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 if the copyright act of 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
This review is my personal opinion. I am not paid by anyone. I do not receive any amenities (free or discounted).