Assateague Park and Ocean City, Maryland
1. Although this is a national seashore, there is a fee to enter per vehicle but you can purchase an annual pass.
2. If you're biking, beware of horses, deer and other animals and the droppings they leave behind. It can be an obstacle course. Be careful about the beach. The horses were in the parking lot and near the concession stand. If you want to sit on the beach, the animals have free reign (including leaving their droppings).
|The wild horses are just that.|
3. There are warnings every where about approaching the animals and feeding them. They are wild, descendants of domesticated horses probably from the 1700's. Take the warnings seriously. In addition to your medical bill, you'll also get fined!
|A shy resident deer in Assateague Park|
4. Horses can been seen by entering from either Maryland or Virginia (Chincoteague, a privately owned fenced in area). Assateague in Maryland fills up quickly during summer weekends.
is a colorful, noisy and crowded conglomeration of food one should never have regularly (but can't be resisted) and amusements from a bygone era.
1. There are amusement park rides that only exist now in state fairs rather than theme parks and old-school game rooms (play lands). This is a boardwalk on steroids. It's a step back in time and if you haven't been for a while, you'll feel immediately transported to a bygone era.
3. Stop by the Bayside Skillet on the way out.
Click on the social media icons to share this article. Happy Travels!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr. Purchase our fine art, decor or stock photos on Shutterstock, ImageKind, mcraytonphoto.com, iStock by Getty Images , and Dreamstime.
Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 if the copyright act of 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
This review is my personal opinion. I am not paid by anyone. I do not receive any amenities (free or discounted).