TOP REASONS TO VISIT HERSHEYPARK
(Besides a chance to buy all the candy you want)
1. The one-price admission: ride the rides, get wet, see the zoo, all for one price. And, if you choose not to get wet, come after sunset (or during the off season). The price is cheaper when the water park closes. (But, on those heat wave days that can hit Pennsylvania, you're gonna wanna get wet.)
2. The Boardwalk at Hersheypark: hands down, for the price, the most convenient water park fun ever! Smack dab in the middle of the park, there's no way you're not going to want to go there. If you're not into slides, just stand under the giant bucket and wait for it. The factory whistle blast will alert you to either get out of the way or make haste for a waterfall of instant coolness. Chill at the wave pool or take a slow, lazy ride on the Intercoastal Waterway. The Boardwalk is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
3. It's a park for roller coaster fans. And, as per its website, you will want to ride the two new water "roller" coasters: Breakers Edge, the first HydroMagnetic Coaster with Flying Saucer turns (Hershey's 14th coaster) and and Whitecap Racer, the longest mat coaster. Take a peek: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=qS4aLR0zEu8.
4. Despite the amount of roller coasters, it's a family park. Milton Hershey created its predecessor as leisure park for his employees. This theme is retained in the amount of rides families can do together. Measure the kiddies at the entrance, you'll see which candy they measure up to, amusingly named for Hershey's brand of candies, like Kisses and Jolly Ranchers. Look for these icons throughout the park so that you know who can ride what.
5. ZooAmerica is open year round. Normally included as part of admission to the theme park, you can also pay a reduced price when the theme park is closed for the season, or if you just want to go to the zoo.
6. The off-season fun: Springtime in the Park (weekends in April and May), In the Dark (Halloween fun weekends in October and early November) and Christmas Candyland (weekends in November and all through December).
Check out all of the information at http://www.hersheypark.com/
Click the social media icons to share. Spread the word. Happy Travels.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr. Purchase our fine art, decor or stock photos on Shutterstock, ImageKind, mcraytonphoto.com, iStock by Getty Images , and Dreamstime.
Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 if the copyright act of 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.