The NYC Traveler in NYC: Flushing Meadows Corona Park, Queens, NYC
Updated: Jan 13
This article is my personal opinion. I am a travel agent. I have affiliate links. If you purchase through a link on this website, I will make a commission at no extra cost to you. The NYC Traveler in NYC: Flushing Meadows-Corona Park
Flushing Meadows-Corona Park Video Tour
Spend the day in Flushing Meadows Corona Park. Here is what you can see and do:
1. Get a little learning on at the New York Hall of Science. Some exhibits are revolving, so go back often.
2. Become a kid again at the Queens Zoo. One of the smaller zoos in NYC, it is perfect for little ones, complete with a petting zoo. Buy a membership and get access to the other NYC zoos and the NY Aquarium
3. Try out your sea legs and rent a paddleboat on Meadow Lake or get a different type of workout with a surrey bike for the whole family through Wheel Fun Rentals.
4. Get a map of the park and search for all of the monuments, including the iconic Unisphere and Fountain and the Soul in Flight Memorial to Arthur Ashe.
5. Try to find your house or hotel in the famous Panorama of the City of New York at the Queens Museum.
6. Swim or ice skate year round. Subject to current safety and health closures.
7. Catch an exciting soccer game. Local leagues play throughout the park. Support the food trucks.
8. Take in professional sports: The New York Mets at Citifield and world famous tennis stars at the US Tennis Association annual US Open at Arthur Ashe Stadium. The two areas are connected by a pedestrian bridge at the Mets-Willets Point subway stop. Subject to current safety and health closures.
9. Take in a little bit of history and see relics of the New York State Pavilion of the 1939 and the 1964 World's Fair, currently trying to get renovated.
10. Of course, you can cycle or jog the entire park, hike Willow Lake, have a cookout, play sports or do absolutely nothing but snooze.
Some ways to get there:
Public Transportation: MTA 7 train to 111 Street or Willets Point
Car: From east or west, Grand Central Parkway to Flushing Meadows-Corona Park.
Train: LIRR to Jamaica, take the E train to Roosevelt Ave-Jackson Heights, transfer to the 7.
Let Us Help You Plan Your Itinerary
Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 if the copyright act of 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
This article is my personal opinion. I am a travel agent. I am an Amazon Associate.
MC Photo & Travel YouTube Channel
Contact Us: Travel and Itinerary Plans
All text and photos copyright Marcia Crayton All Rights Reserved 2023
Follow us on