Updated: Oct 29
Intro to Universal Resort
10 Facts to Know
1. As a tourist attraction, Universal is the older than Disneyland. Waaaaay back in the 1910's, Universal Studios decided that tours of the studio was a good idea. By 1964, the tours became a theme park with attractions based on their movie and TV productions that they made since 1915.
2. Universal is known to be the park that appeals more to teens than Disney because it seems to have more thrill rides because they have fewer parks. In California, Universal Hollywood is basically only one park. In Florida, there are 3: Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios and Volcano Bay, the waterpark. When you put all of the thrill rides in fewer locations, it adds up to an option that appeals to the thrill seekers (and your wallet).
3. Another major appeal is the simulator rides: a technological combination of 3D and physical special effects that makes you feel like you've stepped into a video game. They take up less space than an actual roller coaster since the car physically moves less from place to place within the ride. This enables Universal to build more rides in less space.
4. The shot in the arm that put Universal front and center was its partnership with the Harry Potter franchise. Years after opening in 2010, it remains a pilgrimage for hundreds of thousands of dedicated wizards and mere muggles. Even guests who have no knowledge of the movies or books enjoy Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.
5. Universal is very enticing for the whole family because of the children's attractions with themes such as Dr. Seuss, The Simpsons and the Despicable Me movies. In Universal Studios, cool off and burn off your energy in the Fieval water area.
6. If you can't make it to Volcano Bay while in Florida, you can get more than wet on hot days in Islands of Adventure which boasts 3 rides to cool you off.
7. Universal is famous for their shows which feature displays of special effects, stunts, make-up and their famous backlot tour at the Hollywood park.
8. You can stay on property. The hotels are operated by Loews which vary in price, themes and amenities. There are shuttles to take you to the parks.
9. City Walk, the dining, shopping and entertainment district, is connected to the theme parks so that you do not have to leave the area to visit it. In fact, in Florida, you walk through City Walk to get to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
Whether you take the tour or not in Hollywood or if you are in Florida, you will have feel like you have stepped on a movie set as you seem to be part of the show. Give Universal a try!
Disclaimer: Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 if the copyright act of 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use. This article is my personal opinion. I am a travel agent. I am an Amazon Associate.
The NYC Traveler Blog MC Photo MC Photo & Travel YouTube Channel Specializing in Disney Travel MC Photo & Travel Store Contact Us: Travel and Itinerary Plans All text and photos copyright Marcia Crayton All Rights Reserved 2023 Ready to Book? Let Us Help You Plan Your Itinerary